The Dunedain Commanders of Arnor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massively Multiplayer Online Games

4 posters

Go down

Massively Multiplayer Online Games Empty Massively Multiplayer Online Games

Post  Seremela Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:07 am

(Its so annoying that topics have to be more than 10 characters long!)

Do, has anyone played any other games?

For me, Lord of the Rings Online was my first MMO, although I was never actually told it was that type of game when I was tricked by my brother into buying it (I thought it was like The Sims, just set in Middle Earth).

I tried Rift recently, on my brothers account, which was quite different. In that game whenever you enter an area wheres theres other people fighting you can automatically join a group/raid, which can save so much time. The negative side was that it didn't seem so social because all you have to do is click a button to join and another to leave. The game also seems too frantic, no where seems safe (you log off/go afk at a town/quest giver only to lcome back to find it overrun with bad guys). It really made me appreciate being able to wonder around and take in the secenery in LotRO.

I've no desire to play The Old Republic when it does eventually come out as I've seen space battles take place in Star Trek Online, and it just doesn't appeal.
Seremela
Seremela
Kin Founder
Kin Founder

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Massively Multiplayer Online Games Empty Re: Massively Multiplayer Online Games

Post  Diantha Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:45 am

Not really a MMO, but played Diablo2 for years. Even though it's rather small compared to most MMOs, there were often updates which made the classes feel fresh again and with the ladder resets you could start all over again. Razz

I mostly played F2P MMO games after that. I think my first was ConquerOnline ... which is a typical asian grind-fest. What made it fun was the market place and the people, who were often very friendly, helpful and chatty. Also, there was an event for about anything. Easter, new years, yule, chinese new year etc.

Played Runescape once on a blue monday, but nothing appealed to me there. The grinding on a small area was even worse then Conquer.
Played a bit of Rappalz and other such games, but most people tended to play alone there it seems.

Also played a lot of GuildWars, think I clocked around 5000h ingame with all characters combined (had all classes with all skills etc) as a guildleader. After a while I was mostly helping players with new characters in the guild out, since I didn't care much for titles due the high-grinding. At least in LotR:o you get TP and Virtues for it.

Diantha
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Tih Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:30 am

Played WoW for about 4-5 years, started right before the first expansion and abandoned it somewhere in the middle of the Wrath of the Lich King... after that i played AoC for about a year and then i came to LoTRO. I've tried EVE online, and was pretty excited about the upcoming SWToR but now i am not as excited as i was, as LoTRO turns out to fit me like a glove...

Tih
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Massively Multiplayer Online Games Empty V

Post  Rockbuttocks Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:52 am

I never played a MMO before, I usually played RTS games. But since I was a huge fan of Lord of the rings I just had to try this game out since its also free. My policy is to never pay for something if u can get it for free. Im to greedy for that Very Happy .
Rockbuttocks
Rockbuttocks
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: